A BLOG about:

  • Exclusively about Arizona landlord and tenant law (commercial and residential).
My Photo


« What if a tenant dies during tenancy? | Main | What are the various ways to purchase/sell real estate in Arizona and how long does it take to foreclose? »


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

If there is no statutory agent information (i.e., name and mailing address) provided in a residential lease agreement, does that constitute legal grounds for a tenant to terminate an existing lease when the premises have gone into default on a Trust Deed / a Trustee Sale date has been set with 90 day notice given, and notice posted on the property?

Response by Carlton C. Casler. Yes, ARS Sec. 33-1902(A) requires all people (and business entities) who own residential property to register with the county assessor (the county in which the property is located). In addition, ARS Sec. 33-1902(B) requires owners (and foreign business entities) who do not live in Arizona to also have an in-state statutory agent. Foreclosure of a rental property is an entirely separate issue. If the rental agreement states that commencement of a foreclosure is a breach by the landlord (or words to that effect), then that is a breach and the tenant may serve a ten-day notice of material noncompliance and vacate if the breach is not cured.

The comments to this entry are closed.